Sunday, March 04, 2012

My first ever bit of patch-work...


This was the first piece of hand sewn patch-work I ever made, in 2010.

The design is called 'Pine-Apple' and the style of patch-work is called 'Log-Cabin'.

The Log-Cabin style of patchwork is based on the actual American Log Cabin building.
Traditionally it always has a red centre square which symbolises the 'hearth' - the central fire-place in a log-cabin building and the strips which are worked around it are symbolic of the logs which make up the walls of the log-cabin building.

When I started working on it, advanced patch-workers and quilters said that I was very ambitious,
as this was one of the more complex designs!

I loved making this piece and from that moment on - I was pinned, needled, hooked! I am very proud of this little square!




No comments:

Post a Comment