Friday, April 20, 2012

Binding Times!

Gosh! I had a lovely time meeting Tommy at home with Roz and Lizzie, this morning - and much to our delight we were surrounded by an electric storm!

All of them with their lovely tan's were looking so healthy, happy and relaxed.  One would never believe that this chap had just got in from an epic journey, he looked so cool and together - amazing!

You know, I'm just thinking to myself... I don't half use a lot of exclamation marks! Must be due to all the excitement over the past few weeks and particularly the last few days...

Anyway, speaking of looking 'together' - the quilt has finally been bound and looks like and feels like a proper quilt now... I'm so pleased!  This means that the tasks lying ahead are tucking away loose thread ends - lots and lots of those... and then quilting the setting squares and setting triangles.  Having spent some time looking at the quilt - my instinct tells me, in order to keep the quilt uniform - I really need to continue with one form of quilting on this project. So, I have taken the decision to machine quilt the setting blocks.

Tommy, Lizzie, Roz and I sat at the kitchen table with cups of coffee whilst Tommy and Lizzie were having breaky (about 11.30 - catching up on much needed sleep...) and had a chat about what designs to use for the setting blocks... I think we have made a great decision and I have to say it was lovely that they all had some input - makes the quilt even more special!

And look what we were given by the Tippetts family - ever so kind! May I introduce you to my sweet new little friend Babs, who is presenting Paul with his favourite ingredients from Barbados...


Thanks to you all for your time!
Catherine x

PS: We're delighted with our gifts, thank you. Paul & Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment