Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Less haste - more speed! It's true!

I'm getting the hang of the machine quilting... biggest tip... go slow! Keep your hands steady and just ease the fabric through the machine and basically let the machine do the walking whilst you steer the fabric with your hands... so simple!  But still need to practice lots more to get to the point where I can pick up speed.  The quilting is much better now... you'll see the improvement as I keep working on the quilt... all part of the quilt's story!

Guinness Book of Records! Wow!  The funny thing is - now that I'm quilting more slowly, I keep seeing that orange triangle followed by the dots that Tommy and his little boat were making on our computer screens on the tracker view, powered by StratumFive, courtesy of NASA, during his epic journey... can't get it out of my mind!  It aint over for me yet!



That wind from the East hit me and sent me off course heading in a Westerly direction... had a struggle getting back on course... but I managed to do it! Phew!





No comments:

Post a Comment