Monday, February 27, 2012

Splish-Splosh!

Usually, quilters tend not to wash their fabric before they start making the quilt, but there have been a number of horror stories about quilts being washed on completion and the colours running/bleeding thus ruining the quilt!  And let's not forget that cotton shrinks!

Well, I would usually not prewash my fabric, but I know that Carolyn Forster always washes her fabric first - so I have decided to take a hint from someone who knows - the fabric is in the washing machine as I write this... lots of ironing heading my way - yippee... bleh!  Time for 'Women's Hour' BBC Radio 4 - that'll help!

For more info on this subject: http://quilting.about.com/od/fabricembellishment/a/prewash_fabric.htm and do more homework/research on the matter before you make your mind up as to prewash or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment